(HealthDayNews) -- A few months before you bring home a new baby, you should begin preparing your older child. This can help to minimize inevitable feelings of jealousy, according to Ohio University.
Here are some suggestions:
- Talk about the pregnancy. Have your older child feel your baby's movements.
- Encourage your older child to help you prepare the baby's room.
- Move your older child to a different room or big bed several months before the baby's birth if she is going to have a change.
- Read books together about what happens during pregnancy, as well as after the baby is born.
- Look through family photographs and talk about your older child's first year of life.