July 6, 2005
Health Tip: New Mom Returning to Work
Share your feelings with others
(HealthDayNews) -- If you've recently returned to work after having a baby, you may feel overwhelmed by guilt and exhaustion.
The Builder's Association of Northern Nevada offers this advice for new moms who work:
- Talk to other working mothers about their feelings, experiences and tips for adjusting.
- If you can, ease yourself back into work by starting with fewer hours and working your way up.
- Cut back on extracurricular activities until you adjust.
- Negotiate a new schedule with your employer, if possible. Set new work hours, limit travel, and define how early or late you can work.
- Make every moment with your baby count.
- Remind yourself that the income you earn helps support your child, and that children of working mothers grow up just fine.