(HealthDay News) -- Many medications should be taken at the same time every day, both to ensure their effectiveness and so that you remember to take them.
The American Heart Association offers these suggestions to help keep you on schedule:
- Make taking your medication a part of your daily routine, as you would brushing your teeth.
- Take your medicine while performing another daily activity, such as having breakfast.
- Use a daily pill box to organize and track when you've taken your medication.
- Track taking your medication on a calendar, and mark off the day afterward.
- Use a white board to keep track of when you've taken your medication.
- Ask a family member or friend to remind you each day.