(HealthDay News) -- Going on even a quick errand can be a daunting prospect when you've got kids in tow.
The Nemours Foundation offers these suggestions to help keep fits, tears and whining in check:
- Before you leave, chat with the kids about where you're going, what you need to do and how long you'll be gone.
- Set rules about behavior before you go, including safety rules in the car and in the store.
- Provide your children with a simple toy or activity to help keep them occupied.
- Involve the kids in your activities, such as asking for their help in finding items, or keeping a count of what you've picked up.
- Reward and praise your children for a job well done.