HealthDay News) -- Having a keen sense of responsibility will help a person throughout life, and that responsibility should begin during childhood, experts say.
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests how parents should teach children about responsibility:
- When you assign your child tasks, make sure you clearly explain what's expected, and keep it consistent.
- To keep your child motivated, offer plenty of positive reinforcement and praise.
- Stick to a consistent family routine and structure.
- Hold family meetings each week to go over your child's progress.
- Find a discipline method that works well when your child doesn't complete responsibilities.