(HealthDayNews) -- If you manage your time more efficiently, you'll also reduce some of the stress in your life.
Yale University Health Services suggests some time-managing strategies:
- Record your appointments and daily schedule in a planner, calendar, or Palm Pilot.
- Keep a "to-do" list and check off tasks as you complete them.
- Focus on high priority tasks and reschedule less important matters.
- Set boundaries by saying "no" sometimes to people who request your time.
- Leave space in your schedule for unexpected situations.
- Pad your schedule. Set aside three hours for a task you think will take two hours.
- Schedule a block of time to do nothing, and use it to relax.