December 5, 2011
Health Tip: Are You Disposed to the Holiday Blues?
Risk factors for holiday depression
(HealthDay News) -- Though the holiday season is joyous for many, it can be depressing for some.
The Cleveland Clinic mentions these risk factors for the holiday blues:
- Connecting the holidays with family problems or painful memories.
- Expecting that you should feel happy.
- Dealing with the loss of a loved one, or spending the holidays away from friends and family.
- Developing unrealistic expectations, or thinking about negatives that have occurred during the past year.
- Dealing with changes in the family, such as divorce or death.
- Drinking too much alcohol during the holidays.