Health Tip: If You Have Anxiety
These suggestions may help
(HealthDay News) -- No one is immune from anxiety. But some people seem to handle life's troubles better than others.
If you tend to worry more and feel like you're enjoying life less, the Anxiety and Depression Association of America offers these suggestions:
- Stop what you're doing and relax. Listen to music, meditate or get a massage.
- Don't skip any meals, and stick to a healthy, balanced diet. Reduce caffeine and alcohol consumption.
- Get plenty of sleep and regular exercise.
- Give up on the idea that you have to control everything. Focus on doing your best, and don't forget to laugh.
- Volunteer in your community.
- Seek emotional support from friends and family.