September 25, 2011
Health Tip: Grieve in a Healthy Way
Suggestions for dealing with loss
(HealthDay News) -- While grieving for the loss of a beloved family member or friend, it's still important to take care of yourself.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers suggestions to help you cope:
- Share your feelings with others, and don't be afraid to seek help when you need it.
- Don't neglect your daily responsibilities.
- Continue to exercise, eat well and get plenty of sleep.
- Limit alcohol use.
- Resume your regular routine as quickly as possible.
- Try not to make any life-changing decisions.
- Don't deny emotions such as sadness and anger that are common during grieving.