September 28, 2006
Health Tip: Don't Worry, Be Happy
Some suggestions to relieve stress
(HealthDay News) -- While stress is an unavoidable part of life, learning how to manage the tension can help ward off stress-related health problems.
Here are some stress-busting tips from the Detroit Medical Center:
- Do something just for yourself.
- Discuss your feelings with a friend or family member.
- Exercise at least three times a week.
- Avoid overindulging in food, alcohol or over-the-counter medications.
- Eat at least one hot meal a day.
- Cut down on drinks that contain caffeine.
- Learn and use meditation or relaxation exercises.
- Take up yoga or Tai Chi.
- Go see a funny movie or rent a comedy from a video store.
- Have regular physical examinations.