(HealthDay News) -- Taking any steps possible to relieve stress is never a bad idea, but it's especially beneficial if you have rheumatoid arthritis.
The Arthritis Foundation suggests:
- Taking a tai chi or yoga class.
- Flexing and then relaxing muscles throughout your body.
- Imagining and concentrating on a peaceful, relaxing place.
- Talking with family and friends.
- Joining an RA support group.
- Getting regular exercise.
- Taking up painting, pottery or another form of art.
- Getting organized, such as by making a daily list of to-do's.