August 8, 2018
Health Tip: Help Manage Stress
(HealthDay News) -- Feelings of stress and anxiety can make it difficult to cope with everyday life.
The Anxiety and Depression Association of America offers these suggestions:
- Accept that you can't control everything.
- Avoid focusing on perfection.
- Keep a positive attitude.
- Identify what triggers your anxiety.
- Limit alcohol and caffeine.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet.
- Get enough sleep.
- Exercise every day.
- Count to ten slowly if you feel anxiety escalating.
- Practice calming techniques such as yoga, listening to music, massage or meditation.
- Perform volunteer work to give back to your community.