October 23, 2007
Health Tip: Managing Stress
Diet and exercise can help you relax
(HealthDay News) - A certain amount of stress is natural and unavoidable, but too much can be debilitating.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine offers these suggestions to help you reduce stress:
- Figure out what is causing your stress, and talk to a friend or family member about your concerns.
- Avoid overeating, and stick to a healthy, well-balanced diet.
- Maintain a regular sleep schedule and exercise routine.
- Reduce caffeine and alcohol intake, and avoid smoking and using any illegal drug at all or any prescription drug beyond its recommended dosage and purpose.
- Try relaxing techniques such as meditation or yoga.
- Make time for fun activities that you enjoy, and spend time with people who make you happy.