(HealthDay News) -- Stress can contribute to a number of serious health problems, so it's important to visit your doctor when you notice warning signs that stress is affecting your health.
The Cleveland Clinic mentions these warning signs of serious stress:
- Seeing a significant decline in performance at work or school.
- Feeling overly anxious or having irrational fears.
- Abusing drugs or alcohol, or thinking suicidal thoughts.
- Being unable to manage in daily life, or withdrawing socially.
- Seeing major changes in sleep or eating habits.
- Engaging in behaviors that cause self-harm.
- Having frequent physical illnesses or discomforts.