February 5, 2008
Health Tip: Cleaning Safety for Pregnant Women
Be careful of the products you use
(HealthDay News) - If you're pregnant and need to clean your home, here are suggestions to help keep mom and baby safe, courtesy of the American Pregnancy Association:
- Make sure the area you are cleaning is well-ventilated. If possible, open the windows or turn on a fan.
- Protect your skin from chemicals by wearing long-sleeved shirts and long pants, as well as gloves.
- Always check the label, to be sure there is no warning against use of the product by pregnant women.
- Never mix two cleaning products together. Mixing chemicals can cause toxic fumes.
- Do not clean the inside of an oven while pregnant, as the confined space does not allow for adequate ventilation.