August 3, 2010
Health Tip: Confined to Bed While Pregnant
Ask your doctor what's permissible
(HealthDay News) -- If your doctor prescribes bed rest during pregnancy, be sure to ask plenty of questions about what's safe for you to do.
The Nemours Foundation says you should ask your doctor about the following activities:
- If it's OK to get up and go to the bathroom.
- If bathing, getting something to eat, or doing light tasks around the house are allowed.
- The best position to assume while you're in bed.
- Whether it's safe for you to work from home.
- If you're allowed to drive.
- If sexual activity is allowed.
- Ways to promote blood flow and better circulation while you're in bed.
- If you're allowed to walk, and how much.