September 18, 2008
Health Tip: Good Scents During Pregnancy
Help prevent nausea
(HealthDay News) -- Pregnant women become more sensitive to certain smells, some of which can make them feel nauseous.
According to the American Pregnancy Association, these alternatives to perfumes may be easier to tolerate:
- Try not to wear or be around any heavy smells until you figure out what you can tolerate.
- Try a lightly scented body spray or lotion instead of perfume.
- Look for scents such as peppermint, ginger and cardamom, which can help combat nausea.
- Citrus scents, such as mandarin, neroli and sweet orange, also may help reduce nausea.
- Other softer smells to try include lavender, chamomile or rose.