August 1, 2008
Health Tip: Questions to Ask Your Doctor When You're Pregnant
Don't wait for an emergency
(HealthDay News) -- When you head to the doctor for your first prenatal visit after learning that you're pregnant, you should prepare a list of questions.
The American Pregnancy Association offers this list of topics for discussion:
- Is there a phone number or nurse line that I can call when I have questions?
- Who should I call if I start bleeding or cramping?
- What should I consider an emergency?
- Now that I'm pregnant, do I need to make changes to my nutrition, exercise routine and sexual activity?
- How often will I have prenatal visits?