Health Tip: Soothing Morning Sickness
Tips for pregnancy-related nausea
(HealthDay News) - When you're pregnant, it's important to eat healthy, regular meals to provide plenty of nutrients for your developing baby. But morning sickness can make that a tough task.
Here are some suggestions when you're dealing with morning sickness, courtesy of the University of Michigan Health System:
- Get enough rest.
- First thing in the morning, eat a few pretzels, crackers or some dry cereal.
- Eat small meals frequently throughout the day.
- Stay away from greasy, fried or spicy foods.
- Drink plenty of fluids throughout the day. Try to drink them between meals instead of just with them.
- If you don't feel like you can eat anything and can't drink water, try some ice chips, fruit juice or fruit juice popsicles.
- Steer clear of offensive odors.