Health Tip: Domestic Violence Alert
Are you an abuser?
(HealthDayNews) -- It's a sad fact of domestic life that anyone can abuse someone they care about -- and many do.
If you think your short fuse is a sign that you're at risk of committing domestic violence, Washington University School of Nursing suggests you answer these questions:
- Have you ever threatened your partner?
- Do you think your partner sometimes deserves to be hit?
- Is your partner ever afraid of you?
- Are you jealous of your partner?
- Do you always know where your partner is, with whom, and doing what?
- Have you ever said something your partner might consider a threat, even if you thought you were just joking?
If you've answered "yes" to any of these questions, you may have an abuse problem. It's recommended that you contact a local domestic abuse center and let them know you want help.