(HealthDay News) -- The summer calendar is filled with fairs and festivals, but with the warmer temperatures comes an increased riskof food contamination, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warns.
The CDC suggests considering these questions when deciding to buy food from a vendor:
- Does the vendor's station look clean?
- Does the vendor have a sink for employees to wash their hands?
- Do the employees wear gloves or use tongs when handling food?
- Does the vendor have refrigeration on site?
- Does the vendor display a recent inspection report?