HealthDay operates under the strictest editorial standards. Our syndicated news content is completely independent of any financial interests, is based solely on industry-respected sources and the latest scientific research, and is carefully fact-checked by a
team of industry experts to ensure accuracy.
All articles are edited and checked for factual accuracy by our
Editorial Team prior to being published.
HeathDay is committed to maintaining the highest possible levels of impartial editorial standards in the content that we present on our website. All of our articles are chosen independent of any financial interests. Editors and writers make all efforts to clarify any financial ties behind the studies on which we report.
(HealthDayNews) -- If your holiday decorations include candles, be sure to light them safely and according to manufacturers' instructions.
The U.S. National Candle Association offers these tips:
Don't burn candles on or near anything that can catch fire.
Extinguish all candles before leaving a room or before going to sleep.
Trim candlewicks to an inch each time before you light them.
Keep burning candles away from open windows, vents or air currents.
Don't touch or move a votive or container candle while the wax is liquid.
Don't extinguish candles with water. Water can cause the hot wax to spatter and glass containers to break.
Place candles at least three inches apart from one another.
The content contained in this article is over two years old. As such our recommendation is that you reference the articles below for the latest updates on this topic. This article has been left on our site as a matter of historic record. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.