Health Tip: After Your Medical Appointment
Follow-up at home
(HealthDay News) -- Taking in all of the information and instructions at the doctor's office can be overwhelming. It's important to review everything once you get home to be sure you understand what was discussed.
Here are suggestions from the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons on what to do after you leave the doctor's office:
- Look over all of the information, notes and materials that you have from your visit. If you have questions or don't understand something, call your doctor's office.
- Follow your doctor's orders. Use prescribed medications as directed, and follow all diet and exercise recommendations.
- If your symptoms or general health appear to change, call your doctor.
- Be sure to follow up on any test results.
- Call your doctor right away if you have any side effects, reactions or other complications from prescribed treatments.