July 29, 2018
Health Tip: Have a Safer Summer
(HealthDay News) -- Summer typically is a whirlwind of long days, summer barbeques, pool parties and camping trips.
With all of that activity, it's important to maintain a healthy lifestyle, the American Cancer Society says.
The society suggests:
- Get plenty of exercise during the cooler part of the day, such as in the early morning or evening.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Wear loose-fitting, lightweight and light-colored clothing.
- Get the family active by hiking, biking, canoeing or camping.
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Follow safe food-handling practices. Pack foods that could spoil in an insulated cooler. Throw out food that's been sitting out for more than 2 hours, or 1 hour if the temperature is higher than 90 degrees F.
- Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen, wear sunglasses to protect your eyes and seek shade when possible.