December 19, 2016
Health Tip: Prepare Your Heating System for Winter
Here's how to stay safer
(HealthDay News) -- With the start of winter, it's important to prepare your home for the colder weather.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests:
- Call a professional to service, clean and inspect your heating system to ensure it's working properly.
- Clean and inspect all fireplaces and chimneys.
- Make sure you have working smoke detectors, checking batteries monthly and replacing batteries as the packaging recommends.
- Make sure you have working carbon monoxide detectors.
- Recognize the signs of carbon monoxide poisoning, including nausea, confusion, dizziness and headache.