December 2, 2003
Home for the Holidays
Some safety tips
(HealthDayNews) -- Keep safety in mind when preparing your home for the holiday season.
Emergency Medical Services in Toronto offers these safety guidelines:
- Secure electrical cords for Christmas trees. People can trip over them or young children may tug on them.
- Don't piggyback multiple extension cords. This is a common cause of electrical fires.
- Avoid using tinsel if you have young children in your home. It's a choking hazard for infants and toddlers.
- Keep your kids away from Poinsettias. They're not poisonous, but they can make kids ill.
- Check that your carbon monoxide and smoke detectors are in working order.