October 28, 2014
Health Tip: Driving Safely at Night
Suggestions for nighttime travel
(HealthDay News) -- It's more difficult to see at night than during the day, but there are things drivers can do to help keep travelers and pedestrians safe.
The National Safety Council offers these suggestions:
- Make sure your car's windows and headlights, taillights and signal lights are clean.
- Ensure that headlights are correctly aimed. Turn them on even if it's twilight, so other drivers can see you.
- Never drink alcohol before or while driving, and don't smoke.
- At night, leave more space between you and other cars.
- If other headlights are making it difficult to see, focus on the right side of the road.
- Take frequent breaks if you are tired.