Health Tip: Steer Clear of Trucks
Don't neglect defensive driving habits
(HealthDay News) -- Lots of car drivers are intimidated when driving next to a big rig, leading them to forget their defensive driving habits.
Here's a list of safety tips when driving on a highway with large trucks, courtesy of the Canada Safety Council:
- Don't change lanes abruptly.
- Slow down to let trucks have the right of way.
- Drive at a safe speed.
- Pay attention to traffic signals and road conditions.
- Use turn signals.
- Don't cut in front of a truck.
- Avoid driving alongside a truck whenever possible.
- Avoid tailgating.