(HealthDay News) -- Job burnout is a state of physical or emotional exhaustion. Often, job burnout is accompanied by a sense of reduced accomplishment and loss of personal identity, says Mayo Clinic.
When dealing with job burnout, Mayo Clinic suggests:
- Evaluate options. Maybe you can work with your supervisor to change expectations.
- Seek support from co-workers, friends or loved ones.
- Try a relaxing activity that can help with stress.
- Exercise to take your mind off of work.
- Get some sleep to restore well-being and protect your health.