Health Tip: Stay Healthy at Work
(HealthDay News) -- Low-stress, supportive workplaces are good for employee health, says Harvard Medical School.
Employees who are stressed and overworked often develop unhealthy lifestyles with little exercise and poor dietary practices, the school says.
To avoid unhealthy workplace habits, Harvard suggests:
- Avoid "stress eating."
- Avoid sugary drinks and salty snacks.
- Bring nuts, fruits and vegetables from home.
- Work standing up, when possible.
- Walk around and choose the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Have a sense of humor. It's associated with better cardiovascular health.