Health Tip: Watch those Liquid Laundry Packets

They may be a serious hazard for children

Please note: This article was published more than one year ago. The facts and conclusions presented may have since changed and may no longer be accurate. And "More information" links may no longer work. Questions about personal health should always be referred to a physician or other health care professional.

(HealthDay News) -- Brightly colored packets of liquid laundry detergent are attractive to young children, who may put them in their mouths and ingest the harmful contents.

The Safe Kids Worldwide website suggests:

  • If you use these packets, make sure they are stored where a child can't reach them.
  • Store the packets in the original container, and make sure it is tightly closed.
  • If you find that a child may have swallowed a packet, immediately call the nearest poison control center at 1-800-222-1222.

--

Last Updated: