Equip your car for winter
(HealthDayNews) -- Every winter, you should stock your car with a cold weather survival kit. Getting stuck or stranded in extremely cold weather is always a possibility.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests you include these items:
- Blankets and a first aid kit.
- A can and waterproof matches to melt snow for water.
- A windshield scraper, collapsible shovel and booster cables.
- Road maps, a compass, a flashlight and extra batteries.
- Canned compressed air with sealant for emergency tire repair.
- A tool kit.