Health Tip: How to Travel Safely
Tips to keep you healthy on the road
(HealthDay News) -- When traveling, especially to another country, it's important to take a few precautions to ensure good health during your trip.
Remember to maintain good health practices, and remember that not all countries have stringent health and sanitation standards.
Follow these suggestions from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to stay healthy during your travels:
- Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently with soap and water, or antibacterial hand gel.
- Stick to drinking only bottled or boiled water, never tap water or ice cubes.
- Make sure all food has been fully cooked, and vegetables have been properly washed and peeled.
- Get any vaccines or medications that may be required before you leave.
- Don't handle any animals, especially dogs, cats and monkeys.