Health Tip: Help Prevent Water Contamination
Suggestions for people with a private well
(HealthDay News) -- While the United States has among the world's safest supplies of drinking water, some Americans still ask, "Is my drinking water safe?"
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency says that's an appropriate question to ask. The agency mentions these tips to help keep your supply of drinking water clean, notably if you have a private well:
- Periodically test your water for contaminants.
- Seek guidance for having the test results clearly explained and properly interpreted.
- Schedule regular maintenance for your well.
- Promptly take care of any problems noted from testing.
- Consult local experts for help and guidance.