September 5, 2017
Health Tip: Prepare for a Hurricane
5 ways to get ready for a bad storm
(HealthDay News) -- With hurricane season upon us, it's important to be prepared. The National Weather Service suggests how you can get ready:
- Know your zone: Find out if you live in a hurricane evacuation area by contacting your local emergency management office.
- Put together an emergency kit, to include: flashlights, first-aid supplies and important contact information.
- Review your family emergency plan. Before an emergency, sit with family and close friends and decide how you will contact each other, where you will go and what you will do in an emergency.
- Review your insurance. Ensure that you have adequate coverage for your home and personal property.
- Monitor National Weather Service forecasts, and learn the meaning ofNWS watches and warnings.