February 18, 2014
Health Tip: Prepare for Winter Weather
Make sure you have essential supplies
(HealthDay News) -- Make sure you're prepared if extreme cold or snow is in the forecast.
The Ready.gov website suggests you make these preparations before winter weather strikes:
- Stock up on rock salt to help melt ice on driveways and walkways.
- Have a supply of sand to help with traction on slippery surfaces.
- Have a shovel or snow-removing equipment.
- Make sure you have enough heating fuel.
- Stock up on warm blankets and clothing.