(HealthDay News) -- With the onset of winter weather, it's a good idea to stock your car with a seasonal emergency kit.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends these cold-weather essentials:
- Blankets to keep warm.
- A stash of non-perishable foods and fresh water.
- A first aid kit.
- Cat litter or sand in case you need traction.
- Jumper cables, flares and a tire pump.
- Maps and a compass, and a stash of plastic bags.
- A battery-powered radio, flashlight and an extra supply of batteries.