October 18, 2011
Health Tip: Feeling the Effects of Air Pollution
Here's how you may be affected
(HealthDay News) -- Pollutants in the air from vehicles, factories and machines can harm your health, especially if you're more sensitive to them.
The American Academy of Family Physicians says air pollution may cause:
- Eye, throat and lung irritation.
- Tightness in the chest, coughing or wheezing.
- Bronchitis or earaches, especially among children.
- Worsening symptoms of existing heart disease or lung disease.
- Worsening of breathing problems during exercise.