The Dangers of Carbon Monoxide
Gas poses threats around the home
Carbon monoxide is odorless, colorless and deadly. And many devices around your home, from furnaces to fireplaces and gas dryers to automobiles, give off the gas.
The Georgia Poison Center says make sure all gas or oil appliances are serviced each year, that cars are never left running, even with the garage door open, and that dryers and other appliances are well ventilated to the outside.
You should also know carbon-monoxide poisoning's symptoms. They include: fatigue, dizziness, headache, vomiting, trouble breathing, confusion and fainting. They can mimic the flu. If you suspect you have been exposed to carbon monoxide, get to a doctor right away.