January 24, 2013
Health Tip: Does Asthma Affect Your Sleep?
Take medications as your doctor prescribes
(HealthDay News) -- Asthma can affect your sleep, as symptoms often worsen at night.
The National Sleep Foundation offers this advice to help control asthma and enjoy a better night's sleep:
- Take all medications as prescribed, at the same time each day.
- Use a peak flow meter regularly to monitor changes in lung function.
- Learn what your asthma triggers are, and take steps to avoid those triggers.
- Get plenty of sleep each night.
- Ask your doctor about the potential benefits of an anti-inflammatory medication.