August 25, 2010
Health Tip: Recognizing COPD
Possible symptoms of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
(HealthDay News) -- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is an umbrella term that includes lung diseases such as persistent bronchitis or emphysema.
The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute says common warning signs of COPD may include:
- Having a cough that won't go away.
- Coughing up a lot of mucus.
- Feeling short of breath, particularly when you're physically active.
- Producing a wheezing sound when you breathe.
- Having a feeling of tightness in the chest.