Health Tip: Brrr... It's Cold
So dress warmly
(HealthDayNews) -- As winter approaches, it's important to think about dressing right when the bitter cold sets in.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency offers these apparel suggestions:
- Hat or other head covering.
- Scarf or knit mask to cover face and mouth.
- Sleeves that are snug at the wrist.
- Mittens, which are warmer than gloves.
- Several layers of loose-fitting clothing.
- Water-resistant coat and shoes.
Make sure the outer layer of clothing is tightly woven, preferably wind resistant. Underneath, you should wear wool, silk or polypropylene layers -- they hold more body heat than cotton.