Health Tip: Of Mold and Mildew
Suggestions to keep them at bay
(HealthDayNews) -- Mold and mildew inside the home can cause problems for those with allergies. They grow wherever it's damp and warm and there is little air movement.
You can take some simple measures to keep your home free of mold and mildew. Tips suggested by the University of Illinois Extension include:
- Keep clothes, closets, drawers, and walls clean.
- Eliminate sources of moisture in your home.
- Try to maintain air movement in all areas of your home.
- Dry air prevents mold and mildew. Use a dehumidifier.
- Treat cotton items such as awnings and tents with fungicides before using them.
- Paste-wax shoe polish or saddle soap will help protect leather goods.