(HealthDayNews) -- Do you keep forgetting to take your blood pressure medication?
If so, use these tips from The U.S. National Heart Lung, and Blood Institute to jog your memory:
- Put a picture of yourself on the refrigerator with a post-it-note saying, "Remember to take your blood pressure medication."
- Keep your medication on the night stand next to your side of the bed.
- Take your pills right after you brush your teeth and keep them with your toothbrush.
- Ask a friend to leave a reminder on your answering machine and don't erase the message.
- Place your medicine in a weekly pill box.
- Establish a buddy system with a friend who's also on daily medication and arrange to call each other every day.