Health Tip: Find Activities You Enjoy
(HealthDay News) -- Most people know that regular exercise and healthy eating can help you age better.
But you may be surprised to learn that participating in activities you enjoy also can support healthy aging.
Whether it's traveling, taking in a weekly movie or joining a card group, leading an active lifestyle and avoiding social isolation can help boost your well-being, the U.S. National Institute on Aging says.
The agency says seniors who lead a more active lifestyle:
- Are less likely to develop many chronic diseases.
- Are more likely to live longer.
- Are less likely to become depressed.
- Are more likely to cope with the loss of a loved one.
- Are more likely to have better thinking skills and cognitive reasoning.