December 25, 2011
Health Tip: Learning to Eat With Dentures
Suggestions for making the adjustment
(HealthDay News) -- Eating with dentures often requires some practice, and may initially trigger some discomfort and irritation.
The American Dental Association offers these suggestions for adjusting to your new dentures:
- Start out with soft foods.
- Cut up your food into small pieces.
- Eat slowly, carefully using both sides of your mouth.
- Slowly add a variety of foods until you have resumed your normal diet.
- Take care when eating foods that are hot, hard or have sharp edges.