Home Health Care
Questions to ask agencies
(HealthDayNews) -- If your aging parents have chosen to live in their own home rather than move into a long-term care facility, there's a chance that one day they'll need home health care.
Some advance planning can be beneficial. The New Mexico Office of the Attorney General suggests you ask prospective agencies:
- How long they've been in existence?
- How are home health aides recruited?
- What type of training and experience is required?
- Are employees trained in dealing with aggressive or difficult clients?
- Do they have references for the aides?
- What are the daily, live-in or hourly rates?
- How far in advance do arrangements have to be made?
- Is there an emergency contact?
- Are any of the services covered by Medicare or Medicaid?