(HealthDay News) -- Selecting a certified personal trainer can be a challenge, especially when you're arthritic. Here's a list of questions you should ask prospective trainers, courtesy of the Arthritis Foundation:
- Are you certified by a nationally recognized organization?
- Does your background include health and wellness or sports medicine?
- What experience do you have with people with arthritis?
- Can you provide references of clients with arthritis?
- What do you charge, and what is included in that price?
- Do you network with other health professionals?
After choosing a trainer, make sure he or she is responsive, motivates you, and communicates clearly.