January 5, 2012
Health Tip: House Cleaning With Arthritis
Performing household chores with less pain
(HealthDay News) -- Arthritis pain and stiffness can make it difficult to take care of household chores and cleaning.
The Arthritis Foundation offers these suggestions:
- To avoid reaching high and bending low, attach your dust rag to an empty roll from gift wrapping paper.
- Instead of using your hands, use a wooden pizza paddle to help tuck in your sheets while making a bed.
- Also while making a bed, choose a smooth, lightweight comforter that you can easily slip over the sheets.
- Put a pair of old socks or gloves on your hands to dust.
- If your home has two stories, keep a vacuum cleaner and set of cleaning supplies on each floor.