February 16, 2011
Health Tip: Make Work Less Painful If You Have Arthritis
Suggestions for easing the discomfort
(HealthDay News) -- Sitting at a desk and working at a computer all day can be painful for someone with arthritis.
The Arthritis Foundation offers these suggestions to ease arthritis pain and stiffness while you're at work:
- Take regular breaks every 20 minutes to 30 minutes, getting up to stretch and move around.
- Make sure your desk chair fits you well, and sit with your feet flat on the floor.
- Set up your computer screen so it's level with your eyes.
- Place papers in a document holder so they're easier to see without straining.
- If your chair lacks lumbar support, use a rolled-up towel or small pillow to provide better support for your lower back.